The friend zone is a very popular request in Google search. Most people do not understand what does friend zone mean. So, let’s start with the definition. A friend zone is a type of relationship that doesn’t contain any romantic affairs. Often, one partner wants to escape and go to a more intimate level. If you are right at this point, then first of all discover the signs of being in a friend zone.
Am I in the Friend Zone Signs
Think about the person who you like. It may be a coworker, friend, etc. These signs will help you understand whether you really are in a friend zone:
- They feel comfortable with demonstrating their bad habits. If the person doesn’t mind ear/nose picking, scratching the belly, and doing other suchlike things, then you are in a friend zone.
- They refuse all romantic things that come from you. For example, you try toreveal your feelings, make some pleasant surprises, etc. But the person only says “How sweet it is”, or “You are a good friend”.
- They act as a matchmaker. According to every friend zone movie, you can say that the person treats you only like a friend if he/she always tries to match you with somebody. In this case, the individual tries to arise your interest in others, and even discuss potential relationship development.
- There is no special “spark“. A person who likes somebody always demonstrates some signs of flirting. For example, lips licking, touching, etc. If there is no flirting, there is no spark that tells you are more than just a friend.
- They do not change their plans for you. Simply putyou try to do your best to cancel your plans only to accommodate the person. However, you do not see the same in return. The person even can prefer watching favorite TV series instead of spending some time with you.
- They always rely on you. If the person takes you for granted, then he/she is sure you will agree despite your own plans. For example, “Can you meet me at the airport the next week?”, “Can you look after my cat during my business trip?”, etc.
How Do You Escape the Friend Zone?
If you have noticed any of the above-mentioned signs, then you deal with a well-known friend zone. Is it possible to get out of friend zone? Yes, of course. At least you can try to know that you do everything possible to move to a romantic relationship. So, how do you escape the friend zone?
1. Start going on dates frequently
Instead of staying at home and being upset, you can start spending time with other people. Why not schedule a few dates and meet new interlocutors. It doesn’t mean that you should start a romantic relationship at once. In other words, you should meet, chat, get to know each other better, and shift your attention from the person with who you are in a friend zone.
2. Prioritize yourself
Once you define friend zone, you should start self-development. There are so many great ways to build your new side and impress another person with it. You can try a new class, explore unknown places, or do what you have been dreaming about for so long time. Spend as much time for it as necessary, and do not hurry up. This way you will encourage the person to make you a company. Mind that you should do it not for another person but for yourself.
3. Flirt more
How to get out of the friend zone and into a relationship? You should start to flirt more. It means that you need to break a physical barrier between you. Get more intimate by touching the person, placing your hand on the shoulder, and paying compliments. Show that you are interested in more than just friendship. But do not say too much. Otherwise, you risk losing a close person. Let him/her guess about your feelings without risking getting the rejection at once.
4. Make the person miss you
The biggest problem of people in a friend zone is that they do not realize own feelings. Actually, it is difficult to understand if you spend a lot of time together. That’s why you need to take a break. It doesn’t mean that you should not communicate or see each other for months. Just take one step back. Be busy enough so that your friend comes to check what’s up.
5. Appear in a romantic way
If you understand that the person treats you only like a friend and still has no romantic relationship with somebody else, then act wisely. Make this individual look at you romantically. Don’t mix things and start showing your naked pictures. While discussing something, say like this “If I had a girlfriend, I would act this way…”. It will let her look at you differently.
Now you know the signs of a friend zone. Once you realize that it is not what you want, you can follow steps on how to get out of the friend zone with a girl. Anyway, it is important to remember one thing. Sometimes, people just can’t move to another level due to certain reasons. Yes, you can try to change the situation, but if it doesn’t work, accept it and keep positive. There are so many girls who are ready to get acquainted with you right now.